The Access to Employment Taskforce comprises diversity and inclusion leads, HR and people strategy, talent and recruitment leads, and suppliers of recruitment services. The group exists too support organisations to develop:
- effective disability attraction strategies
- barrier free recruitment and selection practices
- fair and robust policies and procedures aimed at retaining disabled employees
- mechanisms for culture change, for example creating a culture where disabled employees feel comfortable sharing personal information with their employer
The Taskforce develop tools and resources that enable organisations to improve how they attract, recruit and retain people with disabilities.
Our agendas are formed by inviting organisations who have developed effective recruitment related practices to share and support others to implement similar in their organisations. We also often hear from organisations who are supporting disabled people to find employment or those who are providing recruitment services.
Past agenda items have included:
- Developing an inclusive end to end recruitment processes
- How to use Access to Work most for recruitment and in work
- How supported employment can increase organisations’ workforce talent
- Using Disability Confident to improve disability inclusion during recruitment and to retain disabled employees
- The use of disability and workplace adjustment passports
- Making workplace adjustments work for everyone
If you are interested in attending, would like to add discussion topics or require any further information, please contact our Head of Disability Partnerships, Adrian Ward.