Over 50 per cent of our members are global. Between them, they employ over 8 million people around the world. The Global Taskforce brings together our members that want to have a positive impact on the lives of disabled candidates, employees and customers, wherever they are in the world.
The Global Taskforce exists to:
- Provide a forum for sharing challenges and successful approaches to developing a global approach to disability inclusion.
- Develop practical tools and resources designed to help global organisations to develop consistent disability-smart practice across their global operations.
- Undertake original research in order develop insights to support improved disability confidence in global organisations.
The Taskforce holds three roundtable meetings per year (with remote access option available). The agenda usually includes:
- Discussion on a topic chosen by Global Taskforce members (including presentations from leading global companies)
- Update on wider Global Taskforce activity e.g. workstreams, research etc.
- Presentations from external organisations working to improve the lives of disabled people globally.
- A network break with refreshments or lunch.
Past projects and meeting agenda items of the Taskforce have included:
- Developing a global disability strategy;
- Developing a consistent approach to making workplace adjustments in global organisations;
- Ensuring an accessible built environment globally.
Our meetings operate using the ‘Chatham House’ rule.
Global Taskforce membership is free to Business Disability Forum Partners, and Members can join for £5,000 per year. In addition to attendance at three roundtable meetings per year, Global Taskforce members can also access:
- Our Global Framework to help you measure and improve your global approach to disability inclusion.
- Free attendance at our annual global conference for up to three colleagues
- Unlimited global license for six of the global versions of our best practice guides.
- Workstreams, briefings and webinars on disability as it impacts on global business.
- The opportunity to shape and contribute to original research – for example, our research with over 100 global companies into the challenges of developing a global disability strategy (to be launched in June 2020).
Please see all our great Global resources on our Knowledge Hub website. You do need to be a Member or Partner to access these resources.
Get in touch
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All Global Taskforce members
- Alexander Mann Solutions
- Allianz Global Investors
- Anglo American
- Baker McKenzie
- Bank of America
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Fidelity International
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- GSK GlaxoSmithKline
- NatWest Group
- State Street