The role of our Consultancy Service
We recognise that, from time to time, our Members and Partners might need specialist support to become Disability Smart. Our consultancy work is uniquely tailored to your organisation’s needs and ambitions and takes a whole organisation approach to disability based on the principles of our world-leading Disability Smart Framework (previously Disability Standard).
Our best-practice consultancy service is based on more than 25 years’ experience of working with a broad range of public and private sector organisations, meaning we are well-equipped to provide authoritative and practical results.
Our team of specialists has unrivalled experience in the fields of disability, diversity and equality and a proven track record of delivering disability-smart solutions.
Best practice and experience-based methodology
- We adopt a best practice methodology centred around the social model of disability. Experience shows that a best practice approach minimises legal risk while allowing a flexibility which is not restricted by varying jurisdictions.
- We work with Members and Partners in a co-operative and supportive manner to build on what they have already achieved. For us, it is important that we transfer our knowledge and experience to our clients to help develop a self-sustaining approach for the future.
- All our advice and support is practical and realistic, and takes into account the organisation’s context and priorities.
Recent projects have included providing support in the following areas:
- Adopting a ‘business as usual’ approach to managing disability.
- Identifying and removing barriers in all areas of employment such as recruitment, workplace adjustments and staff development.
- Research to understand organisational performance, employee and customer needs.
- Developing and maintaining a barrier-free customer journey.
- Training in ensuring great customer care and attracting disabled customers.
- Auditing websites and the built environment.
This is only an illustrative list and, uniquely, we provide a one-stop shop solution to businesses in their journey to becoming a Disability Smart organisation.
How to contact the Consultancy Service
You can contact the Consultancy Service via email to find out what we can do to support your journey.