Our resources library is a unique source of accurate, authoritative and up-to date information on business and disability. It provides a wealth of practical advice to help you support your disabled employees and serve disabled customers.
Some of the resources in this section are freely available to all, others are restricted to membership only.
BDF Members and Partners can also access our full range of toolkits and guides in our Knowledge Hub. Partner only resources can be purchased by Members at a discount.
- Disability Essentials range – a good place to start if you want to do more to attract and retain disabled employees or to better meet the needs of your disabled customers
- Resources from our People Manager Toolkit which covers every aspect of recruiting, retaining and developing your disabled employees, including managing adjustments, performance management, attendance management plus specific guidance on mental health and on disabilities which are not immediately visible.
- Factsheets and briefings covering a range of conditions and disabilities that have been developed in conjunction with other specialist partners.
- Practical advice from our Advice Service based on our extensive experience working with our Members and Partners
- Podcasts, resources for global businesses, including our ground-breaking Global Business Disability Framework; a maturity model to support global D&I leads to identify priorities and track progress right across the business and our global briefings series, sponsored by HSBC.
Condition and disability specific
Information sheets and briefings on specific disabilities, and health and long term conditions. If you can't find what you're looking for, Members and Partners can contact the Advice Service. If your organisation is not a Member, contact David Goodchild for more information.
Check out our previous conference sessions, videos and information
Disability Essentials - Free resources
Disability Essentials is a collection of free to access disability resources offering essential guidance for all businesses. If you want to do more to attract and retain disabled employees or to better meet the needs of your disabled customers, Disability Essentials is a good place to start.
Employment and workforce
Disability and employment law, Employee procedures, retention, recruitment, monitoring.
This section contains resources for global organisations, such as the Global Business Disability Framework and Global Taskforce resources. Resources in this section are available to Business Disability Forum Members. For the full range of Global resources - available to Business Disability Forum Partners - see our Global Toolkit.
Leadership and your brand
Resources for leaders, organisational commitment, and disability facts and figures
Everything you need to know about Occupational Health and disability. These resources will help your organisation get the most out of working with Occupational Health professionals.
Are you new to our podcast channel? Wondering where to start? Take a look at the categories below to guide you as to where to begin.
Policy and research
Policy positions, responses to Government, guidance and advice about disability inclusion
Smarter London SMEs
Advice and guidance for Members of Smarter London SMEs.
Inclusive design, ICT lifecycle, and what makes technology inclusive
Advice and guidance on what the law says about disability and your organisation.
Welcoming disabled customers
How to make sure your organisation welcomes new and returning customers, clients and service users.