Our Northern England Network brings together colleagues working on disability and accessibility from Partner and Member organisations in the North of England and local disability and equality organisations to:
- Debate current topics relevant to our Members and Partners in the North of England, including local policy issues and best practice in business;
- Share innovative practice and facilitate solutions-focused discussion on the recruitment and employment of disabled people or serving disabled customers
- Allow colleagues across different sectors and industries in the North of England to network and make connections with each other; and
- Establish a disability-related support and advice ‘hub’ of expertise among Business Disability Forum Members and Partners in the North of England.
The Northern England Network holds online meetings every 3 months, which run for 90 minutes.
Our meetings generally include: speakers relevant to topics decided on by the group, speakers from within the group, as well as sharing of best practice.
Past agenda items have included:
- Neurodiversity in the workplace;
- Workplace adjustments – policies into practice;
- Inclusive recruitment and interview processes.
Our meetings operate using the ‘Chatham House’ rule.
Attendance is free to Members and Partners.
Get in touch
For more information, please email Lucy Ruck, our Taskforce Manager.