At Smarter London SMEs, we support all types of small businesses, from sole traders, high street stores and start-ups to larger organisations with less than 250 employees.
We do this through an innovative approach designed to support any London SME with day to day operational queries through our SME Advice Service, and one-to-one support from our Small Business Disability Adviser by becoming a Smarter London SME member.
Business Disability Forum provides expertise and advice to our membership which includes many of the UK’s largest businesses and public sector employers.
Nearly 99% of London Businesses are SMEs, employing just over 2 million
Our aim has always been to create a disability smart world by removing barriers in business structures and Government that prevent disabled people from thriving and contributing.
Due to the unique way it’s funded by the City Bridge Trust, Smarter London SMEs can extend BDF’s expertise to London’s SME community free of charge, offering pragmatic support and advice to support businesses on their disability smart journey.
Smarter London SME Advice Service
Our confidential Smarter London SME Advice Service is open to all SMEs in London, even if you are not a member. We offer expert advice on disability and how it relates to your organisation.
We can help you with:
- Understanding disability and the law
- Guidance on adjustments
- Your responsibility as an inclusive employer
- Delivering inclusive services to disabled customers
- Review and advice on creating policies
- Managing employees
- Advice on customer complaints and disputes
We do not advise disabled individuals on their own difficulties and complaints; for example, if an employee has a grievance with a line manager, or a customer has complaint about a service.
Contact the Smarter London SME Advice Service
The Advice Service operates between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday and is only available to London based SMEs.
Find here our advice service flyer
Become a Smarter London SME
As a Smarter London SME member your dedicated Small Business Disability Adviser will provide:
- One to one support
- DWP ‘Disability Confident Scheme’ support – help to achieve Department for Work and Pensions Disability Confident Scheme certification and review of submissions (all levels).
- Use of logo – use our Smarter London SMEs logo on your email signature, job adverts, company websites and intranets to showcase your commitment.
- Access to our SME Advice Service
- Tailored SME resources – access to disability guides tailored to small and medium sized organisations on our website, and our upcoming NatWest Group sponsored SME resource mobile app.
- Networking opportunities – invitation to join a London disability network of small businesses, sharing best practice and growing together on disability inclusion.
- Disability news updates – communications such as our newsletter, legal updates, blogs and articles.
Download here the Smarter London SMEs brochure for more information
Why is it free?
The Smarter London SMEs project is free to join because of the unique way it is funded by City Bridge Trust’s Positive Transitions Programme – helping Londoners experiencing inequality make important transitions in their lives.
To be eligible, you must be an organisation based in London with less than 250 employed staff and an annual turnover of less than £40m.
You can find out more about City Bridge Trust on their website: https://www.citybridgetrust.org.uk/
Get in contact
To find out more about Smarter London SMEs contact Parma Sira at email@example.com or call 0207-089-2483