Disability inclusion for your small business
We’re here to help you remove barriers to disabled people in your small business. Our Smarter London SME members receive free support, resources and confidential advice to help your businesses improve disability inclusive practices for staff and customers.
Membership is free to small or medium business in London, thanks to funding from City Bridge Trust.
Join Smarter London SMEs for free
At Smarter London SMEs, we support all types of small businesses across many sectors and industries, including charities, media, construction, retail, recruitment and legal firms.
We’re already helping new business owners, start-ups, sole traders, and high street stores to improve inclusive practices throughout their organisations; removing barriers for disabled employees to flourish at work, and deliver products and services to London’s community of disabled people.
Whether you’re at the beginning of building your business or established and growing, we can help you along your disability smart journey.
Benefits of membership
As a Smarter London SME member, your dedicated Small Business Disability Adviser will provide:
- One to one support – we take the time to learn about your business and help you achieve your short, medium, and long-term disability inclusion aspirations.
- Disability Confident Scheme support– whether you’re making the first step on the scheme or moving towards becoming a Disability Confident leader, we are here to support you through each level.
- Access to disability business resources tailored to small businesses – access to library of resources on topics such as COVID-19 recovery, accessible documents and access to work.
- Advice and support to help you best support disabled employees – we help members create effective disability policies, guide them on how best to implement reasonable adjustments, and work with them to remove barriers for a truly accessible end-to-end recruitment process.
- Use of Smarter London SME logo on your email signature, job adverts, company websites and intranets to promote your commitment to disability inclusion.
- Access to our Smarter London SMEs Small Business Disability Network – discuss challenges, share best practice, connect with other small businesses committed to transforming the life chances of disabled people.
“ Everyone’s lived experience of disability is different. That’s why we’re so thrilled that Business Disability Forum will be bringing their in-depth knowledge and skills to our social enterprise and helping us drive change and impact in making the world of work more accessible and inclusive.”
Beth Kume-Holland Patchwork Hub – Founder
Sign up for our free Small Business Disability Essentials webinars
Free training webinars for SMEs in London on why disability matters to your business, and how to get started on your disability smart journey.
Small Business Disability Essentials are free ‘lunch and learn’ type webinars open to any London based SME looking to improve their work environments to better support disabled employees, develop accessible services and products, and an opportunity to ask our trainers questions about how to make the first steps towards disability inclusion at your business.
Thanks to City Bridge Trust
The Smarter London SMEs project is free to join because of the unique way it is funded by City Bridge Trust’s Positive Transitions Programme – helping Londoners experiencing inequality make important transitions in their lives.
*To be eligible, your organisation must be based in London with less than 250 employed staff and an annual turnover of less than £40m.
If you would like to find out how you can make your business, products and services more inclusive for disabled people, you can call our Small Business Disability Adviser at +44-(0)-207-089-2483 or complete the contact form below.
Contact us for more information