To find out the latest dates of the networks and taskforces, please visit our Events section. Please note some networks are invitation only.
Our Scotland Network brings together colleagues working on disability and accessibility from Partner and Member organisations in Scotland and local disability and equality organisations to:
- Debate current topics relevant to our Members and Partners in Scotland including local policy issues and best practice in business;
- Share innovative practice and facilitate solutions-focused discussion on the recruitment and employment of disabled people or serving disabled customers
- Allow colleagues across different sectors and industries in Scotland to network and make connections with each other; and
- Establish a disability-related support and advice ‘hub’ of expertise among Business Disability Forum Members and Partners in Scotland
The Scotland Network holds two to three online meetings a year. Our meetings generally include:
- An update from each organisation represented on their current disability priorities;
- A debate or discussion on a topic chosen by the Network members;
- A presentation by a Partner or Member or relevant external organisation on the chosen topic; and
- An update on Business Disability Forum events, resources and policy work.
Past agenda items have included:
- Mental health in Scotland including mental health and wellbeing practices and policies;
- Workplace adjustments – policies into practice;
- Assistive technology and technological solutions in the workplace and for customers.
Our meetings operate using the ‘Chatham House’ rule.
Attendance is free to Members and Partners.
Get in touch
For further information, please email Bela Gor, Head of Content & Legal.