Business Disability Forum Member Benefits
As a Business Disability Forum Member, we’ll provide you with in-depth, sophisticated and tailored support via a dedicated Business Partner and our expert Advice Service.
You’ll also enjoy access to a growing range of Networks and Taskforces, as well as Events and Webinars where you can learn and connect with your peers in a safe and confidential space – so that you can share both what works and what doesn’t.
Please find out more about Member and Partner benefits:
We are proud that our membership includes many of the UK’s largest businesses and public sector employers so you can tap into the knowledge and experiences from organisations who are at different stages of their disability-smart journey.
Our membership covers three areas of business practice:
- Advice and support
- Knowledge and resources
- Sharing practice
As a Business Disability Forum Member you will receive:
Access to personalised Services
- Access to our Advice Service, for people who are working on behalf of our Member and Partner organisations such as HR professionals, D&I professionals and people managers, via email and telephone.
- An assigned Business Partner (relationship manager) to help you make full use of your Business Disability Forum membership.
- Department for Work and Pensions ‘Disability Confident’ Level 3 (DCL3) review and validation: validation document plus best practice advice; one-hour consultative phone call; recommendations to help inform and plan.
- Online access to our Disability Smart self-assessment management tool (with a diagnostic report), designed to help build your strategy around getting it right on disability as it affects your organisation.
- Access to the Global Business Disability Framework, a global tool to enable disability inclusion around the world.
- Policy review service, focusing on disability smart best practice – up to five policies reviewed annually.
- Advice on your annual workforce surveys, including question and language review.
- Wide-ranging programme of training and events – some free as part of membership, including networking events, the Disability-Smart Awards ceremony and Technology Taskforce events; and others discounted, including professional development courses and seminars (all currently online).
- Signposting to other specialist services, including site audits, web development, consumer research and mystery shopping.
Access to insightful resources and publications
- Introductory pack of our customer communication guides and briefings (circa 35 publications), plus discounted licensing for use of all our content resources on your intranet.
- Access to our Toolkits – a continuously developing multiple resource (comprising Mental Health, Welcoming Disabled Customers, Neurodiversity, Inclusive Communications, Redeployment and Redundancy, COVID-19) to assist, inform and guide you in creating workplace policies and consider the wellbeing of your staff. As an additional paid-for resource we also offer a ‘People Manager Toolkit’ containing advice on the barriers disabled employees might face, and how to support them to thrive and work to the best of their ability.
- Access to the Knowledge Hub offering resources that include information sheets, toolkits and case studies to support you to deliver disability-smart business (some materials are available at a Member discount).
Access to unique Networking opportunities:
- Taskforces and Networks – providing pragmatic advice and an opportunity to share what works and what doesn’t in a safe and confidential space.
- The Forum – bringing our Membership together with policy units, regulatory bodies, academics, and disabled people to debate, challenge, and inform policy development.
- Networking: 1-2-1 connections, events, and via our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Further opportunities to share your experiences by hosting (with free places given in exchange) and speaking at our events, which are presently webinars.
- Communications such as our newsletter, legal update and Technology Taskforce newsletter.
- Branding and sponsorship opportunities across our websites, communication channels, publications and social media.
- Use of our logo on your email signature, job adverts, company websites, intranets etc.
There are a number of other services and products that can be provided for a fee. These include consultancy services and intranet content licensing for our full range of toolkits.
Please download our Full membership list April 2021 (Word document)
How to become a Business Disability Forum Member
To find out more about membership, please contact our Director – Membership, David Goodchild via email or call 079-1712-1160
Partnership benefits and access to services
Our Partner group provides opportunities to come together to discuss and shape know-how that pushes the private and public sectors to address disability as a business priority. You can find out more about the Business Disability Forum Partner benefits.