Changing the image of disability webinarShare via facebook Share via twitter Share via linkedin Share via email
Business Disability Forum’s ‘Changing the image of disability’ campaign aims to transform the way that disabled people and disability are represented in the media, advertising and marketing.
On 5 March we’ll be publicly launching:
- Guidance on selecting, choosing and using disability-smart images
- 50 images from our Disability Smart Image Bank for free use by the media. (Access to all 480 images is a membership benefit.)
- Findings from our research into how disability is portrayed in media and advertising.
Who should attend?
This webinar is aimed at journalists looking for pictures to illustrate stories, picture editors, advertising, marketing and PR agencies, publishers, brand professionals, photographers and businesses. You will:
- Learn how to select, commission and use images in a disability-smart way
- Explore best practice in using captions and alternative text to increase understanding of disability and long-term conditions
- See the images available.
- Hear about our research findings.
- Lara Davis, Head of Communications and Marketing, Business Disability Forum
- Sarah Bartlett, Press Consultant and Writer, Business Disability Forum
If your organisation is a BDF Member or Partner you can access the Changing the image of disability webinar that ran in December 2023.