To find out the latest dates of the networks and taskforces, please visit our Events section. Please note some networks are invitation only.
The Technology Taskforce is a group of senior IT accessibility individuals from leading UK and global organisations, working together, to improve the use of inclusive design and accessible technology. It is co-chaired by Paul Smyth Head of Digital Accessibility at Barclays, Diane Lightfoot CEO of Business Disability Forum and Jeff King AVP of European IT at Enterprise Holdings.
What we do
The Taskforce provides tools, best practice, networking opportunities and technology industry influence to help organisations to create and deploy more accessible technology.
- Improve disability knowledge of those who work in and support technology functions.
- Use tools, such as the Accessibility Maturity Model and resources to help embed accessibility and inclusive design as standard practice.
- Define and share best practice that delivers inclusive technology for applicants, employees, and customers.
- Help influence technology suppliers to deliver inclusive products and services.
- Improve accessibility know how and reduce reputational risk.
- Network and work with organisations and suppliers to improve their accessible technology strategy.
- Help influence regulators’ standards to the mutual benefit of businesses and disabled people worldwide.
The group currently meets online approximately every 2 months. The meeting runs for 90 minutes and can include: speakers relevant to the Technology Taskforce, speakers from within the group, as well as sharing of best practice.
Recent topics that we have discussed in the group include:
- Review of the groups Accessibility Maturity Model scores.
- Website accessibility for the public sector and the impact of legislation on the private sector.
- Internal accessibility standards.
- Automated and manual captioning options.
Our meetings operate using the ‘Chatham House’ rule.
The Technology Taskforce membership is free to Business Disability Forum Partners, and Members can join for an additional fee.
Technology Taskforce resources
To find out more about the free resources that the Technology Taskforce have developed, including our world renowned Accessibility Maturity Model (AMM), please visit the Technology category of our Knowledge Hub website.
Find out more about the Technology Taskforce
Complete the form below and one of our team will contact you with more information about the Technology Taskforce.