Our Northern England Network brings together colleagues working on disability and accessibility from Partner and Member organisations in the North of England and local disability and equality organisations to:
- Debate current topics relevant to our Members and Partners in the North of England, including local policy issues and best practice in business;
- Share innovative practice and facilitate solutions-focused discussion on the recruitment and employment of disabled people or serving disabled customers
- Allow colleagues across different sectors and industries in the North of England to network and make connections with each other; and
- Establish a disability-related support and advice ‘hub’ of expertise among Business Disability Forum Members and Partners in the North of England.
The Northern England Network holds three meetings a year. Each meeting usually runs for four hours, starting late morning, including a networking lunch and is hosted by a Partner or Member in the North of England. Our meetings generally include:
- An update from each organisation represented on their current disability priorities;
- A debate or discussion on a topic chosen by the Network members;
- A presentation by a Partner or Member or relevant external organisation on the chosen topic;
- An update on Business Disability Forum events, resources and policy work; and
- Network break with refreshments or lunch.
Past agenda items have included:
- Neurodiversity in the workplace;
- Workplace adjustments – policies into practice;
- Inclusive recruitment and interview processes.
Our meetings operate using the ‘Chatham House’ rule.
Attendance is free to Members and Partners.
Get in touch
For more information, please email Lucy Ruck, our Taskforce Manager.