To find out the latest dates of the networks and taskforces, please visit our Events section. Please note some networks are invitation only.
Our Central Government Network brings together disability, diversity, human resources, and wellbeing professionals at managerial level in central Governments departments to:
- Debate current topics relevant to Civil Service’s disability and diversity strategies;
- Share innovative practice and facilitate solutions-focused discussions with colleagues from across the Civil Service in similar roles; and
- Establish a disability-related support and advice ‘hub’ of expertise among Business Disability Forum and Central Government professionals to continuously improve disability-related performance across the Civil Service.
Each roundtable meeting usually includes three items:
- A knowledge, legal, or research update from a Business Disability Forum’s Policy Manager on a topic relevant to disability and Central Government practice;
- A debate or discussion on a topic chosen by the Network members;
- A presentation on forward-thinking practice by a Central Government department.
There is also an opportunity to network during a lunch or a refreshments break.
Previous agenda items have included:
- Workplace adjustments during office relocations;
- What makes a good workplace adjustments process;
- Mental health in the workplace;
- Performance and talent management;
- Improving disabled employee engagement;
- Workplace adjustments passports in practice.
Attendance is free to Members and Partners.
Get in touch
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org