Our Central Government Network brings together disability, diversity, human resources, and wellbeing professionals at managerial level in central Governments departments to:
- Debate current topics relevant to Civil Service’s disability and diversity strategies;
- Share innovative practice and facilitate solutions-focused discussions with colleagues from across the Civil Service in similar roles; and
- Establish a disability-related support and advice ‘hub’ of expertise among Business Disability Forum and Central Government professionals to continuously improve disability-related performance across the Civil Service.
Each roundtable meeting usually includes three items:
- A knowledge, legal, or research update from a Business Disability Forum’s Policy Manager on a topic relevant to disability and Central Government practice;
- A debate or discussion on a topic chosen by the Network members;
- A presentation on forward-thinking practice by a Central Government department.
There is also an opportunity to network during a lunch or a refreshments break.
Previous agenda items have included:
- Workplace adjustments during office relocations;
- What makes a good workplace adjustments process;
- Mental health in the workplace;
- Performance and talent management;
- Improving disabled employee engagement;
- Workplace adjustments passports in practice.
Attendance is free to Members and Partners.
Get in touch
For further information, please email Angela Matthews, our Head of Policy, Research, and Communications.