The future of Assistive Technology in education and employment
Business Disability Forum responded to a call for evidence from the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Assistive Technology (AT) in September 2020. Our submission includes the following:
- Section 1: The impact of assistive technology and the keys systemic problem.
- Section 2: What assistive technology does for users
- Section 3: From higher education to employment: The experience of graduates
- Section 4: The “long, hard fight” to get DSA in education and ATW in employment
- Section 5: Needing to be “forthright” when moving into employment
- Section 6: Transitions from education to employment: Preparing graduates for professional life in law and auditing sectors
- Section 7: Challenges in the workplace: Employee experiences
- Section 8: Employers’ experiences and interventions: Embedding an “assistive technology enabled culture”
- Section 9: From legal duty to business sense: Productivity as a driver
- Section 10: The future provision and development of assistive technology
- Section 11: The challenge of data protection and security
- Section 12: How the Government can support the future provision of assistive technology and inclusive IT
- Section 13: EU regulations on the accessibility of public sector websites and apps
- Section 14: Access to work: The employee experience
- Section 15: Access to Work: Employers’ experience and observations
- Section 16: Improving the Access to work process
- Section 17: Work settings and adjustments provisions influenced by Covid-19
- Section 18: Additional information on the impact of Covid-19 on disabled people and employer practices
- Section 19: From provision of AT as ‘a privilege’ to a ‘lifelong provision’ model
- Section 20: A whole society approach to assistive technology.
Thank you to the business leaders, AT users, diversity and workplace adjustments leaders, and technology specialists we spoke to to inform this submission.
© This resource and the information therein are subject to copyright and remain the property of the Business Disability Forum. It is for reference only and must not be copied or distributed without prior permission.
If you require this resource in a different format, contact email@example.com.