Disability awareness dates
Disability and health awareness days can be useful for organisations as part of a wider inclusion strategy. Before you decide to focus on a specific day, week or month you might think about:
- Who you want to engage and what you want to achieve.
- How you will ensure your activities are informed and driven by disabled employees or users of your products or services.
- What the lasting legacy might be afterwards.
While we make every effort to verify these dates, we strongly recommend that you check all sources before publishing details. We welcome suggestions for other awareness days to include, please contact us with details.
About Business Disability Forum
We are the leading business membership organisation in disability inclusion. We work in partnership with business, Government, and disabled people to remove barriers to inclusion. Our 550+ members employ over 20% of the UK workforce and an estimated 8 million people worldwide. Found out more about the benefits of membership.
- 2-6 – National Work Life Week
- 2-8 – Dyslexia Awareness Week
- 7-13 – National Arthritis Week
- 10 – World Mental Health Day
- 12 – World Sight Day
- 9-15 – Dyspraxia Awareness Week
- 18 – World Menopause Day
- 20 – World Osteoporosis Day
- 4 – World Braille Day
- 15 – Blue Monday
- 1 – Dignity Action Day
- 1 – Time to Talk Day
- 4 – World Cancer Day
- 5-11 – Tinnitus Awareness Week
- 12 – International Epilepsy Day
- 29 – Rare Disease Day