Disability Charities Consortium
The Disability Charities Consortium (DCC) brings together CEOs and policy leads from nine of the UK’s leading not-for-profit disability organisations. We make sure disabled people’s experiences are reflected in UK policy making, by working collaboratively to influence Government.
The DCC members are: Business Disability Forum (BDF), Leonard Cheshire, National Autistic Society, Mencap, Mind, Royal National Society for Deaf people (RNID), Royal National Society of Blind people (RNIB), Scope, and Sense.
- The DCC feeds insights and topical concerns into the Disability Unit to help inform disability related policy development.
- DCC member CEOs regularly meet with senior officials in the Disability Unit, the Minister for Disabled People (MfDP) and other key ministers.
- DCC member policy leads regularly engage with the Unit’s stakeholder engagement team.
Together, the DCC has produced the below documents which can be downloaded from the right side of this page:
- Our policy prospectus outlining our priorities, published in 2023.
- Our joint response to the Women and Equalities Committee’s inquiry on the National Disability Strategy, which we submitted to the inquiry in July 2022.
If it would be easier for you to have these documents in a different format, please get in touch with us at email@example.com