Smarter London SMEs Network
The Smarter London SMES network provides an opportunity for our members to discuss the unique challenges faced by London’s small business community, share best practice tips, learn how to do more for their disabled employees and customers, and connect with other small businesses committed to improving the life chances of disabled people.
What the Smarter London SMEs Network does:
The Network brings together London based SMEs from all sectors and industries to:
- Discuss the unique challenges faced by London’s small business community
- Share innovations and facilitate solutions-focused discussions with colleagues, including well-performing initiatives, as well as what hasn’t worked so well.
- Learn about the implementation of adjustments and how to improve disability standards within the scope of small business budgets.
- Enable conversations within different organisations in a safe space. Our meetings operate using the ‘Chatham House’ rule.
- Improve knowledge of business support measures such as Access to the Work, and the Government’s Disability Confidence Scheme.
- Network and create partnerships with other organisations that share the commitment to improving the life chances of disabled people.
The network meets approximately every 2 months and is currently held online.
At our inaugural meeting on 21 July 2021, we:
- Looked at the impact of Smarter London SMEs and how have been supporting our members since the project’s launch.
- Heard from specialists and guest speakers on various SME related topics such as advice on supporting neurodiverse employees, how to ensure safe environments for disabled customers and staff post COVID-19 and updates on disability law and how it affects small business.
- Created opportunities for our members to connect with other small businesses experiencing similar challenges; a chance to share what works, get advice from other small businesses committed to disability inclusion, and explore partnership opportunities.
The Smarter London SMEs Network operates a closed meeting to create a safe and secure space where our members can talk about challenges they face, and the solutions being considered and implemented to overcome these.
Free to Smarter London SME members.
London-based SMEs can become members of Smarter London SME free of charge. You can learn more about the Smarter London SMEs project on our webpage.
Get in touch
For more information, please email Parma Sira, our Small Business Disability Advisor at email@example.com or call 0207-089-2483.