How a Disability Smart Audit can help you
Undertaking an audit, carried out by one of our Senior Disability Business Partners, will help you:
- Gain an understanding in very practical terms of what ‘good’ looks like across your organisation, what is and isn’t working, and what you need to do in order to get it right.
- Recognise where you are doing well.
- Have impartial, objective evidence to inform business improvement, and to enable you to allocate resources accordingly.
- Identify and minimise disability-related legal and reputational risk and provide tangible recommendations and solutions to enhance practice, policy and process within your organisation.
Our team will carry out the thorough Audit across ten areas of your business: see our Disability Smart Framework.
How long does the Audit take?
This is up to you! You may want us to carry out a full Disability Smart Audit or you may want to focus on just one or two components such as workplace adjustments or recruitment. The framework of questions is the same as the Self-Assessment and is built around the ten areas in their individual sections; Leadership, Learning and development, Workplace adjustments, Recruitment, Retention, Customers and service users, Procurement, Communication, Built environment and Technology.
Whatever scope you choose, we will evaluate all your evidence, coach you through the process and provide in-depth recommendations. We will discuss with you your requirements and expected project timelines.
How much does the Audit cost?
This depends on how you want to complete the audit, the level of support you would like from us, and the additional audit options that you choose – such as employee surveys and process reviews.
How is the Audit presented?
We’ll share a score with you which equates to Disability Smart Gold, Silver or Bronze
- Scores 70%-79% will receive Bronze status
- Scores 80%-89% will receive Silver status
- Scores 90%-100% will receive Gold status
We send an extensive report and proposed action plan to participants after the evaluation and provide a thorough de-brief of the evaluation highlighting, if necessary, actions that could have an impact on scores and make improvements for across the organisation for your colleagues and customers or clients.
Get in touch
To find out more, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7403 3020.
If you are a Member, would it be more worthwhile becoming a Partner? Partners receive five included consultancy days which you can use for your Disability Smart Audit.
Discuss the costs with our Disability Business Partnership team.