Business Disability Forum provides members with pragmatic support by sharing expertise, advice and providing training and networking opportunities. We promote best practice and work with organisations to set and influence policy so that it benefits both organisations and disabled people.
There are two ways you can join Business Disability Forum, as a Member or as a Partner. Please contact us on 020 7403 3020 or email email@example.com if you would like to join and to talk through what level of involvement would be most effective for your organisation.
Members receive the following benefits as part of their involvement:
- Access to our Advice Service, via email and telephone: answering your questions.
- An introductory pack (x28 publications) of our awareness guides, briefing papers and line manager guides, and discounted access to all content resources.
- A wide ranging programme of training and events. Around ten a year free as part of membership, including legal telephone surgeries, webinars, networking events, Disability-smart Awards ceremony and Technology Taskforce SwapShop, plus paid events from professional development courses to half-day seminars.
- Online access to our Disability Standard self-assessment management tool; designed to help build your strategy around getting it right on disability as it affects your organisation.
- A relationship manager to help you make full use of your Business Disability Forum membership.
- Corporate policy review (up to three in a year, then £600 each); ensuring best practice on disability as it affects your business is covered… this could be an overall corporate policy, a policy covering a specific area of the organisation, or even a customer feedback questionnaire.
- Mental health e-guidance module for your intranet.
- Access to our adjustments questionnaire resulting in a tailored report, including evidence-based recommendations.
- Monthly communications such as our Newsletter, Legal Update and Technology Taskforce newsletter.
- Access to the first stage of ‘Access Pathway’, our web accessibility/usability service.
- Networking: 1-2-1 connections, events, and via our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Use of our logo on your job adverts, company websites, intranets etc.
- Further opportunities to share your experiences by hosting (with free places given in exchange) and speaking at our events.
- Branding and sponsorship opportunities across our websites, communication channels, publications and social media.
- Signposting to other specialist services, including site audits, e-learning, web development, consumer research and mystery shopping.
There are a number of other services and products that can be provided for a fee. These include an evaluation of your Disability Standard submission, consultancy services, in-depth recruitment audits, tailored training and intranet content licencing for our full range of toolkits.
In addition to all Member benefits, our Partners also receive:
- A Strategic Adviser to help you make full use of your Business Disability Forum Partnership and help plan and/or support your disability strategy.
- Disability Standard evaluation and consultancy.
- Five days free consultancy or training per membership year
- Unlimited intranet license for our Briefing papers (x19 papers).
- Unlimited intranet license for our mental health e-guidance modules.
Plus membership of group/networks, including:
- CEO membership of the President’s Group, led by Sir Ian Cheshire.
- Technology Taskforce membership.
- Head of Communications network.
- Customer Strategy network.
- Executive Sponsor/Disability Champion Network.
- High profile networking reception.
… and, of course, working with us as a Partner is an investment in our future development, ensuring long-term benefit to Partners, Members and UK organisations (private and public sector) as a whole.
Please note: We recognise that one Partner’s needs are very different to another’s and the Partner offer can be flexed accordingly.
- Partnership: £20,000 + VAT.
- Membership: £3,500, plus a one-off joining fee of £750, + VAT.
David Goodchild, Joint Interim CEO & Director of Membership & Business Development.