People Manager guides
Aimed at non-HR specialists at all levels, the five guides in the series are packed with valuable advice and guidance. They include useful definitions and tables, practical examples and a wealth of case studies to help you support disabled employees in your workplace and identify and implement pragmatic solutions to possible barriers and challenges.
The People Manager guides set out your responsibilities to make sure you comply with the law and way beyond in encouraging and promoting best practice that will not only help you to manage disabled people, but to manage everyone effectively.
- Disabilities which are not immediately visible (Downloadable Sample) (formerly called Non-visible disabilities) – which offers advice and guidance in supporting employees with a wide range of conditions – which you may or may not know about.
- Making Adjustments (Downloadable Sample) – offering advice on types of adjustments, how to identify what is “reasonable” and a core focus on enabling all your employees to be their most productive selves at work.
- Managing attendance (Downloadable Sample) – which offers guidance on spotting the signs of changing behaviour, how and when to intervene, recording disability leave and long-term absences.
- Mental health at work (Downloadable Sample) – which offers guidance around changing attitudes around mental health and mental ill health, encouraging openness and practical tips to adapt behaviours.
- Performance management (Downloadable Sample) – which offers advice from focusing on outcomes and whether tasks can be carried out differently, to identifying and addressing barriers that disabled employees might face.
People Manager Toolkit
If you purchase our People Manager Toolkit, all five People Manager guides are included.
Order People Manager guides or People Manager Toolkit
BDF Members and Partners can access the content from the People Manager guides free, as part of their membership. Find out more about the benefits of joining us
For more information about membership or to place an order for our People Manager guides or People Manager Toolkit, contact Adrian Ward, Head of Disability Partnerships