What we do
The Forum meetings will be based on current policy topics related to the economy, social policy, and business inclusion. We will produce research based on insights from business and disabled people. We seek to:
- Communicate business and disability policy issues to non-policy audiences.
- Produce evidence and insights to inform and policy making and business practice.
- Ensure business, Government and agency, academic, and disabled voices share debate and are part of the conversations that affect, intersect, and mutually benefit each of their perspectives.
Initial areas of focus for The Forum include:
- Gathering businesses perspectives on the National Disability Strategy and upcoming legislative requirements, such as those in the Employment Bill.
- Disability pay gaps and the future of data monitoring.
- Assessing the legality and effectiveness of workplace disability passports.
We are currently working with businesses to gather their thoughts on the following:
- How far disability employment initiatives and support such as Disability Confident and Access to Work enhance an inclusive working environment for disabled people;
- How businesses who are Disability Confident Level 3 (Leader) have furthered disability inclusion in their organisation;
- Employers’ experiences of working with Job Centres; and
- What businesses want to see from a UK National Disability Strategy.
For your feedback, please click the link and complete the survey, which closes at 8 am on Friday 11th December 2020
Get in touch
To find out more about The Forum, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch our video with Angela Matthews, Head of Policy and Research, leading The Forum, CEO Diane Lightfoot and Jonathan Andrews here:
The date of the first meeting will be announced soon. Keep up-to-date with our Events Page.