To find out the latest dates of the networks and taskforces, please visit our Events section. Please note some networks are invitation only.
The Employment Network exists to support organisations develop inclusive, disability smart recruitment policy, process and practice:
- effective disability attraction strategies
- barrier free recruitment and selection practices
- fair and robust policies and procedures aimed at retaining disabled employees
- creating a culture where disabled employees feel comfortable sharing personal information with their employer
The Employment Network is a must for BDF members and partners whose role or interests lie in providing an exemplar service to candidates and employees looking for their next role.
We would love to have you join our Network, we thrive through peer-to-peer learning in a safe and confidential space.
If you work in:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Recruitment / Talent Acquisition
- Internal mobility / Resourcing
- Occupational Health
- Workplace adjustments
- Learning and Development
- Early Careers
- Recruitment Services / outsourcing
We value your expertise, your experience, and your challenges
Our agendas are formed by inviting organisations who have developed effective recruitment related practices to share their experience and learnings with the network.
We hear from organisations and charities who are supporting disabled people to find employment or those who are providing specialist recruitment services.
BDF colleagues will also present on ‘asked for’ topics through feedback from this group on specific areas of interest or learning. We welcome ideas and suggestions.
Past agenda items have included:
- Developing an inclusive end to end recruitment processes
- How to use Access to Work for recruitment and in work
- How supported employment can increase organisations’ workforce talent
- Using Disability Confident to improve disability inclusion during recruitment and to retain disabled employees
- The use of disability and workplace adjustment passports
- Making workplace adjustments work for everyone
If you are interested in attending, would like to add discussion topics or require any further information, please contact Hazel Leighfield