We want to hear your disability smart stories!Share via facebook Share via twitter Share via linkedin Share via email
2020 has undoubtedly been a challenging year. Coronavirus swept through almost every country, affecting many lives. But amidst all this, there have been some positives and breakthroughs, as people who may have experienced marginalisation are finding that their voices are slowly being heard.
And this is what we want to capture as the year draws to a close.
We are asking you to share your stories of how disabled people have been involved, included and helped create a kinder world in 2020 and this will be our end of year (Christmas) card which will go live on Thursday 3 December 2020 for all to view.
We want your videos, vlogs and blogs from your own phone and in your own homes, of disability smart stories from 2020.
These might be:
- Learning how to run meetings virtually in a way that ensured everyone can participate fully whether by using captions or making sure that everyone can speak
- Adapting at pace to include, involve and connect the workforce and the communities they serve
- Shops and businesses who found creative ways to serve disabled customers and those of us who could not leave our houses to get the essentials and essential luxuries that made life bearable
- Museums, theatres and galleries that threw open their virtual doors and enabled disabled people who might never have been able to visit in person share in the wonder within
- Entertainment providers who created accessible ways for us all to pass the long and sometimes lonely hours and days in our homes
- The tech companies that helped us all to stay connected with loved ones and workplaces in our own cities, countries and around the world and who made their services and technology ever more accessible for disabled people
- And not least the key workers, some of whom are disabled and/or working with disabled people, who carried on throughout the pandemic turning up at their workplaces, keeping everything and us all going.
Send us your Disability Smart Stories and we will share all those that we can with the world via our website. We welcome a diversity of format and of voices.
Wherever you are, you can truly make a difference.
So, send your stories via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 October 2020.
We welcome different formats such as video, emails and audio. By sending the story, you are permitting the content to be shared on our platforms.