Legal Ease webinar: Are you being served? Disabled customers and The Equality Act 2010Share via facebook Share via twitter Share via linkedin Share via email
This free webinar is for any business that serves customers whether online, in-person or both. Whether you’re small café or a national chain, a theatre, cinema, travel agency, supermarket or corner shop, this webinar is for you.
Please note this webinar will not address the law applying to public sector organisations, finance, banking, transport or education providers. If you work in one of these sectors and want a webinar for your sector, please let us know.
Join Bela Gor, Head of Legal & Content and Emily Jackson, Senior Disability Business Partner, at Business Disability Forum to explore and understand what disabled shoppers and diners want and what the law says businesses must do so as not to discriminate against them.
In this free online webinar, we will:
- Highlight findings from our research on what disabled consumers buy and why.
- Follow the journey disabled consumers take when deciding what and how to buy from online to face-to-face and what puts them off.
- Outline what making reasonable adjustments or accommodations for consumers means for businesses of all sizes.
- Consider when the law requires adjustments to be made and when it just makes good business sense.
- Explore if, when and why an adjustment cannot be made.
There will be interactive scenarios based on real life to get you thinking and to test your knowledge. There will also be opportunity to ask questions via the live chat all in sixty minutes.
Live captions and BSL will be provided as part of this event.
If you have any questions or if you would like to request any other specific adjustments for this webinar, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in sponsorship? It’s a great way to help us deliver our events, show your commitment to disability inclusion and get your brand seen by our 550+ members. Find out more about sponsorship opportunities.