Enter the 2017 Disability-smart Awards
Entry to the awards is open to all organisations with operations in the United Kingdom.
Entry to the awards is free.
Your organisation may enter up to four categories each year. You must not submit more than one application for the same category. Click here to see a full list of award categories available for entry.
Once you have chosen which category/ies you wish to enter, you will need to complete and submit a separate entry form for each category.
There is a seperate entry form for each category. Please ensure you download and complete the correct form for your category from the list of entry forms below.
An online entry form will become available via our Member Hub in early March.
The entry form includes:
- the name/title of your entry;
- a description of your entry of up to 500 words;
- statements of up to 250 words each against a set of criteria;
- at least 3 pieces of supporting evidence, up to a maximum of 5.
You need to make sure that your entry and any supporting evidence is accessible and provided in a format in which we can circulate to the judges.
It should be submitted via email to email@example.com, or put onto a USB and send via post to the postal address supplied on the form.
- Click here to download the entry form for 'Senior disability champion of the year'.
- Click here to download the entry form for 'Inclusive service provider of the year'.
- Click here to download the entry form for 'Positive cultural change of the year'.
- Click here to download the entry form for 'Workplace adjustments innovation of the year'.
- Click here to download the entry form for 'Influential business of the year'.
- Click here to download the entry form for 'Technology initiative of the year'.
- Click here to download the entry form for 'Nothing about us without us award'.
If you are experiencing any issues in accessing this entry form, please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 020-7403-3020.
The awards are judged by an independent expert panel which includes distinguished representatives from our Member & Partner organisations, experts on disability, experts in the category being judged and our disabled associates.
The judges review each entry against a specific set of criteria for each category (click here to view details of category criteria). The judges will score your entry against these criteria and the entry with the highest average score in each category will be the winner. In the event of a dead heat between two or more entries, we may need to ask you for more information to help the judges determine the winner. In any event, the judges' decision is final.
Entries for the 2017 Disability-smart awards must be received by Business Disability Forum before 5pm on Friday 25 August 2017.
An awards ceremony will take place in Autumn 2017, at which the winners will be announced.
One of our objectives in running this scheme is to be able to promote examples of disability-smart business practice and therefore we may want to highlight details of your entry, whether or not you win in a category. If any of your entry details needs to remain confidential please let us know and we’ll only make those details available to members of the Business Disability Forum team and the judges.