CamdenAbility is a newly launched collaborative project that aims to improve disability confidence free of charge across businesses throughout the London borough of Camden.
Delivered by Business Disability Forum (BDF) and Cross River Partnership with funding from Camden Council and Job Centre Plus, the project aims to significantly increase the number of Camden residents with disabilities who are in full-time employment.
To achieve this, BDF is reaching out to organisations local to the borough of Camden and neighbouring boroughs that wish to be part of the project and join a unique employer network committed to supporting all disabled employees.
There are clear business benefits in joining the project. You will be able to learn from BDF and network employers through sharing best practice and knowledge relating to disability employment. In addition, you will have access to expert consultancy and training from BDF and from our partners Cross River, who will match and broker individuals into suitable vacancies and support the individuals for up to 28 weeks.
The CamdenAbility employer network will have access to a range of free disability training and networking events taking place throughout 2017. To register your interest in any of the upcoming events, please contact email@example.com or call 020 7403 3020. Click here to view the CamdenAbility events programme (PDF)
Through joining the project, your organisation will receive support according to your requirements. This could for example include:
- a review of your readiness to support all employees with a disability;
- tailored packages of consultancy from BDF;
- access to disability awareness events and training;
- networking and knowledge sharing events;
- tailored communications packages to publicise your organisation’s good work and involvement in the project; and
- in-work support for employers that hire disabled candidates during the project.
The CamdenAbility Network currently comprises the following organisations:
- John Lewis Partnership
- University College London
- Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
- Focus Care Link
- Mott MacDonald
- Camden Council
- Wellcome Trust
- Willis Towers Watson
- City Lit
- The Francis Crick Institute
The CamdenAbility Project is now underway. Click here to download a flyer with more information (PDF)
If you would like to join the CamdenAbility Network or learn more about the project, please call Helen Macfarlane on 020 7403 3020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org