Press releases from Business Disability Forum
Welcome to the latest news and press releases from Business Disability Forum. For further comment on any of our press releases or general media enquiries, please contact Samuel Buckley, Press Officer via email to email@example.com or call 020 7403 3020.
- 20 February: Foreign and Commonwealth Office a leading employer of disabled people, says BDF
- 14 February: BDF's disability experts share knowledge and advice for businesses in new podcast series
- 27 January: Business Disability Forum announces 2017 conference: disability-smart suppliers and partners opened by Penny Mordaunt
- 19 January: Court ruling another step towards full accessibility
- 11 January: Flawed business contracts to blame for bad experiences of disabled airline passengers, says BDF
- 9 January: Royal Bank of Scotland named one of the best businesses for disabled people
- 24 November: Business Disability Forum appoints Diane Lightfoot as Chief Executive Officer
- 15 November: Champion of workplace mental health receives special recognition at Disability-smart Awards
- 14 November: BDF recognises CGI's Steve Thorn with Executive Disability Champion Award
- 10 November: BDF announce 2016 Disability-smart Awards winners
- 7 November: BDF appoint Barclays as first 'Founder Leader' following 25 years of outstanding work on disability
- 31 October: Best businesses for disability awareness, support and accessibility to be named at Disability-smart Awards 2016
- 26 October: EE rises to take Silver in Business Disability Forum's Disability Standard
- 21 October: House of Commons joins Business Disability Forum's Partner Group
- 17 October: Business Disability Forum and Evenbreak join forces to promote inclusive organisations
- 3 October: Business Disability Forum announces support for Keep Me Posted campaign
- 27 September: Idea of autism 'cure' is harmful and counterintuitive, Business Disability Forum warns
- 27 July: House of Commons achieves Silver in Business Disability Forum's Disability Standard
- 25 July: Barclays achieves highest ever score in Business Disability Forum's Disability Standard
- 20 July: EY sponsor Business Disability Forum's Line Manager Guide series
- 9 May: Sopra Steria Recruitment announced as new sponsor of Business Disability Forum’s Recruitment Charter
- 17 March: Ingeus announced as sponsor of 2016 Business Disability Forum conference and Retention Toolkit
- 29 February: Autism in the workplace - Business Disability Forum launch new report on current practice
- 24 February: Claire Harvey Paralympian and Senior Inclusive Leadership Consultant at KPMG announced as keynote speaker at Business Disability Forum Conference 2016
- 15 February: Business Disability Forum announce 2016 conference: recruiting and retaining disabled employees sponsored by Microlink
- 19 January: Graeme Whippy awarded MBE in 2016 New Year Honours list for services to people with dementia and disabilities
- 14 January: Research launched to discover how much revenue UK businesses are losing as disabled customers click away from inaccessible websites
- 8 December: New research cites workplace adjustments and organisational values as biggest aids to retention of disabled employees
- 12 November: Business Disability Forum appoints Nils Kendall and David Goodchild as Joint Interim Chief Executive Officers
- 30 September: Business Disability Forum reflects upon 20 years of the Disability Discrimination Act.
- 23 June: Disabled consumers should be “bold and loud” about their spending power, says independent commission.
- 11 May: Business Disability Forum calls on Government to reject suggestions to axe Access to Work programme.
- 5 March: UK businesses miss out on £1.8 billion a month as disabled people 'walk away' from poor service.
- 6 February: Inclusive recruiter Equal Approach sponsors Business Disability Forum's Recruitment Protocol.
- 23 October: Business Disability Forum associates and members named on inaugural list of influential disabled people.
- 13 October: KPMG sponsors Business Disability Forum’s new guidance ‘Managing difficult conversations’.