London, UK: Listeners will soon have the opportunity to hear from leading experts on disability and business with a new podcast series from Business Disability Forum (BDF).
The podcasts, generously sponsored by longstanding BDF Partner Microlink, will feature Disability Consultants from BDF’s Advice service as well as guest speakers from the world of assistive technology.
They will answer questions around mental health, workplace adjustments, vulnerable customers and a range of other topics relating to disability best practice in the workplace.
The series will commence on 14 February 2017, with a podcast by Senior Disability Consultants Charles Clement and Christopher Watkins that takes a look over some of the ‘hot topics’ around disability encountered by the Advice service in 2016.
Nasser Siabi, CEO of Microlink, will join speakers from BDF as part of the podcast series.
Nils Kendall, Joint Interim CEO, Business Disability Forum, said:
“Our consultants have extensive experience supporting organisations in the UK, USA, Spain, France, Australia and Saudi Arabia, so it’s very exciting to get them behind a microphone sharing all that they’ve learnt from working with these organisations.
“This is a great opportunity for people to find out what becoming disability-smart and inclusive really means on a day-to-day basis for employers, and more widely business, in terms of the problem-solving, conversations and adjustments that go into that process.”
Nasser Siabi, CEO of Microlink, said:
“We are thrilled to be a part of this new knowledge-sharing project from BDF. This podcast series will hopefully serve firstly to see knowledge and best practice shared with a wide audience and subsequently to further drive the conversation around making inclusivity and accessibility a given in workplaces and elsewhere.”
“Sharing the experience of experts in the field will hopefully also serve to challenge assumptions and preconceptions about what accessibility means for businesses.”
The podcasts will be available on BDF’s website at http://www.businessdisabilityforum.org.uk/media-centre/podcasts/and will also be shared via BDF’s social media channels:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisabilitySmart.
- Twitter: @DisabilitySmart.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/business-disability-forum.
Notes to editors:
1. Business Disability Forum (BDF) is a world-leading membership body bringing together business and the public sector to build disability-smart organisations. BDF has more than 25 years’ experience of working with public and private sector employers and service providers. For more information about BDF, please visit: http://businessdisabilityforum.org.uk/about-us.
2. Stream or download BDF’s podcasts here: http://www.businessdisabilityforum.org.uk/media-centre/podcasts/
3. For further information on BDF, please contact Samuel Buckley on firstname.lastname@example.org.